- A person wishing to move up the ladder may challenge an opponent that is ranked one or two places ahead of him/her on the ladder.
- In the spirit of good sportsmanship, players should be willing to accept any appropriate challenge when asked.
- Participants are responsible for scheduling their own matches and reporting the results to UWRF Intramurals. Names and email addresses for each tennis ladder participant can be found by logging into "My Intramurals" at http://sa.uwrf.edu/sa/rsf/recreation/intramurals.
- Players may play others ranked more than two places away on the ladder if they choose, but these will be considered "exhibition" games and will not count toward the ladder standings.
- Matches are played "Best Two out of Three Sets".
- A 7-point tiebreaker is played to determine the winner for any set tied 6-6.
- Players may volley, flip a coin, or spin the racket to determine the initial serve or the side of the court.
- The winner of each match is responsible for reporting the result by emailing the result to email@example.com. We will then update the ladder standings and refresh the webpage with the current tennis ladder standings.