Welcome to the 2011/2012 Season!!
Thanks to all of the returning clubs and teams and welcome to our new members. With 137 youth teams and 18 Adult League teams we are proud to serve in our second season we are looking to improve our level of play, referees and opportunity for all with every new year.
Mission: As a Public - Private Partnership and Non For Profit 501c-3 we are committed to providing a safe and accessible facility to promote youth and adult sports and activities for as many area residents as possible. We offer training and play in activities such as soccer, lacrosse, baseball, golf, flag football, and RC plane flying. Please ask at our desk about Fieldhouse and Park District Programs we currently offer.
Safety: Rules for all activities including soccer are put in place to insure player and spectator safety. Coaches from the Clubs and Park District are responsible for reviewing and approving rules of play. We do not allow slide tackling or rough play and referees have full authority with players and spectators. Rules are posted at the entrance of the facility. We also do not allow spectators to block or inhibit potential exit thru any of the 5 emergency exits.
New for 2012: A new insulative layer was added to complete a 3 layer construction that exceeds local requirements and reduces energy consumption by 50% and evens out the temperature in the space. That along with a new computerized control unit have reduced our footprint by 75% compared to the previous facility. New entry desk and WiFi were also added. Please ask at the desk for free access.
Parking: We have ample parking between the 2 main lots and do encourage carpooling and ride sharing just as we do for travel sports and practices in order to reduce road and environmental impact. The main lot is for drop off and parking as available. The range lot is always open and we keep the path thru the Golf building well marked, salted and clear.
- Park in marked spaces and along sides of where there is not a cone, sign or marking to allow for smooth passage.
- Keep traffic moving and avoid stopping in front of door area for extended periods of time.
- Request Handicapped assistance with Parking and Air Lock passage with staff. It is readily available and we have many guests with wheelchairs that receive assistance throughout the year.
Please do not:
- Park on downhill left side. NO PARKING ON EAST SIDE OF DRIVEWAY. This is well marked with orange cones, so please do not park there.
- Park outside of marked spaces thus not allowing for people to loop around and drop off.
- Idle in parking spaces unnecessarily to keep cars warm, as we ask at school lots for instance.
Thanks again for participating and we look forward to serving you this year and in seasons to come.
HP Fieldhouse Staff